Starskate Testing Information
There are 2 streams of testing for our Starskaters:
- Star 1-5 Tests for Skills, Dance & Freeskate - coach evaluated - during regular sessions - starting September 1, 2017
- Senior Bronze, Junior Silver, Senior Silver & Gold Tests for Skills, Dance & Freeskate - judge evaluated at Test Day
Star 1-5 Testing:
The new Star 1-5 Testing System will be launched across Canada starting in September 2017.
The new system will:
- Remove roadblocks to skater development by:
- Testing skaters during their regular sessions and lesson time
- With the exception of some of the higher tests in Star 5
- Allow for testing during any session throughout the year
- This will allow for more testing opportunities at a lower cost
- Create a better transition from CanSkate to StarSkate by creating new test levels that will allow for better development of skating skills for all disciplines
- Provides more feedback and evaluation opportunities for skaters at the starting level of StarSkate.
- Provides for development of skills earlier so that mastery of skills will be achieved earlier
- Allows for testing and feedback at each level of development of a skill from the beginner stages to mastery
- Test all 3 disciplines
- Dances can be tested solo, shadow beside a partner or in a traditional partnered test
- Skating Skills & Stroking
- Freeskate – Elements & Programs depending on the level
- Will have coach assessed tests creating a comfortable environment for the skater to begin their StarSkate testing.
Senior Bronze and above testing:
These levels of tests will continue to be evaluated at formal test days by a Skate Canada Evaluator with all the applicable costs for ice time, hospitality, test fees etc.